The market is now full of baby gear, all to protect our toddlers from different occasions. As a caring parent, you may be left thinking, which is the best and which is just filling the market on the creative side.
One of the baby essentials is car window shades. Talking about car sunshades, they are not significantly meant for babies.
Even adults need protection against the hot sun heat and UV rays. Every driver needs to prevent skin damages associated with extreme sunlight.
High temperatures caused by hot air inside the car can be very uncomfortable and dangerous too.
Furthermore, the interior fabric and plastic upholstery of your car need protection from sun-damages.
This explains why having a car window shade is vital when enjoying your side on a hot sunny day.
No one feels the sun’s extreme hotness like your child; this means whenever you are having a good time with your baby on the roads, you must include window sunshades on your list.
Baby sunshade for car window comes in different sizes and features. But there is a universal size of about 19″by 12″ that suits mot windows.
Although this may not cover the whole window, the size covers most parts of the window to give you the desired heat-blockage for your car interiors.
Moreover, baby car shades cover the entire window and can be easily installed onto the car window in seconds.
Therefore, finding the best car window shades for baby is all you should be hassling for.
But no more hassles since we have come up with the top-ranking shades for your baby and the car interior you can choose.
Stay tuned as we unveil the leading sun protector for car.
Top 10 Best Baby Car Window Shades of 2023
- Enovoe Car Window Shade.
- Uarter Universal Car Rear Side Window Shade.
- Kinder Fluff Car Window Shade.
- Shade Sox Universal Car Side Window Baby Sun Shade.
- Munchkin Brica Sun Safety Car Window Shade.
- TFY Universal Car Side Window Sun Shade.
- Manelord Winsall Auto Sun Shade.
- Britax EZ-Cling Car Window Sun Shades.
- GgomaART Car Side Window Sun Shade.
- CARAMAZ Window Shade for Car.
Factors to Consider When Buying Car Window Shades
If you are a first buyer or a frequent car window shades buyer, you might have missed this part looking for the best car sunshade for babies.
Picking anything on the list will not solve the intended problem. But choosing the best item will offer high-quality services and last longer.
This is why we have decided to come up with the factors you must look at when buying car shades for your kids.
Although everyone in the market seeks pocket-friendly shadows, it is wise to remember that the health of your baby and the longevity of your car interior should be your priority.
Therefore, here are the basics of the best car window protector;
The Size of Your Car Windows
Your car window’s size and shape are fundamental factors to look at when purchasing a window shade.
Remember, some window shades might be too large for compact cars or too small for minivans, SUVs, and large sedans.
Therefore, take time looking for the best window shade that will fit the car window without leaving a too large gap or draping the window.
You can probably take time measuring the window’s size so that you can buy something to fit without much stress.
UV rays are produced by the sun, and when in large doses, they can be more harmful.
The danger will be extreme to your babies when the rays penetrate the glass and reach their bare skin.
Most of the car window protectors block only 50% of the UV rays. Therefore, when buying the best car window sunshade for baby, look for one which blocks at least 80% of the beams.
It is better to spend more coins to keep your baby than sorry at the end of the day.
The sunshades’ primary purpose is to protect your toddler from the sun heat; why don’t you prioritize it in your budget?
Fixed or Removable
Do you have more than one car? Do you keep your babies on the same car seat whenever you take a ride with them on the hot sunny day?
These are the questions you need to ask yourself as you walk into your local store to buy a baby car shade.
Fixed car shades are best if you always use one car and keep the baby on the same seat.
Removable shades are suitable if you drive in different vehicles or if your baby likes switching seats.
Make a wise choice on the two types of window shades.
Easy to Install
When purchasing the best car window shades for baby, go for lighter options.
Lightweight shades are easier to install and detach from the windows.
You can also use them anywhere, depending on the position of your baby in the car.
Heavier shades require more effort to stick to the window.
Therefore, the lighter the shade is, the easier to install, move with it anywhere, and store after use.
Suction cup and static cling types of car shades are, therefore, suitable for a permanent fix if you are looking for something that will require frequent detachment and installation.
Top 10 Best Baby Car Window Shades 2023 Reviews
After looking at the most crucial factors to consider when buying car window shades, we can now check out for the best car window shades for babies in the market.
There are different types of car shades you need to know before buying.
These types include; pop-out, semi-permanent, static cling, and pull-down car window shades.
They come in different sizes to fit different shapes of the car windows.
However, they perform the same functions. It all depends on how you apply it and the type of windows.
Therefore, here is a list of the leading car protectors you can choose from.
#1. Enovoe Car Window Shade
If you search for the best window shade that will protect your baby against the UV radiation at almost 100 percent, you might want to land on Enovoe Car Window Shade.
Enovoe is a three-piece mesh fabric that will block 97% of the UV rays and keep your car cooler the whole day.
This window shade is designed with static cling technology, so you don’t have to worry about the choking hazards produced by the falling suction cups.
The mesh design is also essential in providing the driver with visibility while driving.
Moreover, the shade is as large as 21 inches by 12 inches in measurements, meaning it can fit in most large cars, such as SUVs, minivans, and full-size vehicles.
- Comes with a premium quality black storage pouch as a free bonus.
- Weighs 1.06 ounces.
- Manufactured by Enovoe Company.
- Blocks 97% of UV rays.
- Static-cling technology.
- High-quality mesh design.
- Super sturdy and durable with wire all around.
- Comes in four comfy car window shades measuring 21 by 14 inches.
- Has a bonus free eBook on Child Safety Tips in the Heat.
- Comes with a 100% money-back guarantee.
- Offers four-car shades in one package.
- Blocks almost 97% of the harmful UV rays.
- Keeps the car cooler the whole day.
- Comes with a convenient storage pouch for portability.
- Static-cling technology prevents choking hazards produced from falling suction cups.
- Large design fit on most car windows.
- The mesh design is convenient for the driver’s visibility.
- It might be too large for compact cars.
- Older children can easily pull them down.
- The PVC content is not clearly stated.
#2. Uarter Universal Car Rear Side Window Shade
Here is another full-coverage shade for your car windows. Uarter window shade helps to keep your car interiors out of the sun rays.
It also a perfect choice to protect your baby against the harsh UV rays since it blocks almost 100% of the beams. It comes in two size options; medium and large size.
The medium option measures 23.7 inches by 38 inches, while the large option measures 24.4 inches by 40.2 inches.
With this variation, this car window shade is the best choice as you only need to measure your window size before buying it.
However, the size might not fit the most compact cars.
Additionally, the shade comes in mesh design, which offers visibility to the driver and the baby to enjoy beautiful scenes as you ride across the city.
- The shade weighs 6.6 ounces.
- Measurements: 23.7 by 38 inches for medium size and 24.4 by 40.2 inches for large size.
- Manufacture and sold by AUTOACCY.
- Model of cars: fits most medium vehicles and SUVs.
- Color: black.
- Comes in two pieces.
- It helps the sun heat out of the car and keeps the car cooler even when packed.
- Comes in two pieces for two windows.
- It is a flexible and stretchy mesh easy to install.
- It comes in two size variations, the medium size, and large size to fit any window size.
- The mesh design allows drivers visibility.
- The mesh is also breathable to prevent the baby’s suffocation.
- The mesh is darker at night, which may be inconvenient for some drivers.
- With its universal fitness, it may still slide back the car door.
- It not suitable for smaller cars.
#3. Kinder Fluff Car Window Shade
For those looking for the easiest-to-install car window shades, then here is your first stop.
Kinder Fluffy is the easiest shade to install on your car window with its static cling technology.
Unlike other shades, it has a 15s static film protection, which produces a darker shadow to the windows.
The dark shade also absorbs most of the UV rays and keeps your car cool all around.
Additionally, the mesh fabric has added UV blockers that provide the kids with maximum protection against the radiations.
Furthermore, remember to wipe the window with a damp cloth before and after using the shade to prevent it from falling off.
You also do not need to worry about this item’s portability since it is easily folded in seconds and stored in its storage pouch whenever you are not using it.
The significant advantage of Kinder Fluffy Car Window Shade is; you can easily install and detach it from the car window and even use it on any family car without leaving a mark.
- Manufactured and sold by Kinder Fluffy company.
- It measures 20 inches by 12 inches.
- It weighs 3.2 ounces.
- Blocks 99.79% UVA rays and 99.95% UVB rays.
- Foldable and expandable.
- High-quality and durable with 15s static protective film paired with 120 GSM mesh design.
- Includes no adhesives and residues.
- Easy to install and portable.
- Fits any small and medium windows.
- Comes with four pieces in two different types.
- Maximum UV blockage with added UV absorbers. Includes 15s film protectors.
- Need to be joined together for more oversized windows.
- PCV content is not clearly stated.
- It can easily fall off if the window is not wiped.
#4. Shade Sox Universal Car Side Window Baby Sun Shade
Spending your lovely weekends with your toddler beside you in a car is a fantastic feeling.
However, driving without a protective window is another story.
Avoid the remorse and buy this helpful universal car window shape in your nearest market.
Shade Sox Universal Car Side Window Baby Sun Shade is a full-coverage shade that fits most car windows.
It is made of a stretchy nylon material that is easy to install and detach from any window.
All you have to do is just open the window and roll it over the window frame.
It will stick to the window the entire day, offering maximum protection to your little ones.
Do not forget you can still roll down the window without necessarily removing the shade. This makes it one of the best car side window shades for you.
- It is manufactured and sold by Shade Sox.
- It weighs 4.8 ounces.
- Measurements: 44.3 inches by 20 inches.
- Bonus gift: an eBook containing ten creative ideas on how to keep baby safe in the backseat.
- It is made from a breathable, stretchy mesh.
- It comes in two pieces that offer a satisfaction guarantee.
- Offers interior privacy.
- Easy to install and detach.
- The breathable mesh design allows drivers visibility.
- It allows windows to roll down.
- It fits most compact and medium car windows.
- Include a free eBook.
- Not suitable for front windows.
- It wets easily.
- Reduces visibility when covered on the whole window.
#5. Munchkin Brica Sun Safety Car Window Shade
This goes for those looking for a retractable car sunshade for side windows.
The shade comes with a unique feature of a white-hot indicator that turns white when the car’s temperatures rise.
This feature helps the parents ensure that their little ones do not get too hot when on long journeys.
Additionally, Munchkin Brica has a one-push safety retract button that allows the user to easily roll it down over the window on sunny days and roll it up on rainy days.
You can permanently install it on the car window for years without detaching it, and it will never obstruct your view.
If you wish to enjoy riding in your favorite car with your family, consider buying this retractable window shade measuring 15 by 19 inches.
It offers maximum coverage for all seasons around the year.
- It has a dual attachment system, swivel window clip, and suction cup technology.
- Manufactured and sold by Brica.
- One-push retract button.
- White hot-indicator button.
- It weighs 13.7 ounces.
- Comes with two pieces in one package.
- Measurements: 15 by 19 inches.
- It is made in premium mesh fabric that offers maximum UVA and UVB rays’ filtration.
- One-push safety retract and hot-indicator buttons.
- Easy to install and stay on the window for long.
- Dual attachment technologies.
- Maximum UVA and UVB protection.
- The suction cups may fall off the window.
- The retract button is likely to stick on the window.
#6. TFY Universal Car Side Window Sun Shade
TFY shade is a double mesh layer that protects your child from the harsh sunburn and rays.
The baby can enjoy the outside glare without worrying about the intensity of the sunlight and rays.
This also you to drive safely without thinking much about the safety of your little company.
The durable and stretchable fabric allows o to roll over the window without tearing and ripping.
The material also is not quickly pulled by the baby whenever they play with it.
This great feature allows the shade to stick on the window without falling off.
Furthermore, TFY Universal window shade fits any door measuring 25 to 45 inches and 18 inches high.
You can still roll down the window without pulling off the shade. It is one of the best custom fit car window shades.
- Manufactured and sold by TFY company.
- It weighs 6.3 ounces.
- Measurements: max. 45 by 18 inches, min 25 by 8 inches.
- Double mesh layer design.
- Easy to install.
- Windows can easily roll down without detaching the shade.
- Lightweight for portability.
- Stretchable mesh to fit most windows.
- Durable fabric.
- Allows privacy.
- It gets dirty quickly.
- Not suitable for front windows.
#7. Manelord Winsall Auto Sun Shade
Winsall is a non-toxic PVC window shade that blocks 97 percent of the direct sun’s glare and 85 percent of UV rays.
This gives the car the coolest feeling as well as protecting the child from harmful rays. It also gives you ample time when driving without a fussy, sweaty baby.
Winsall is also made from PVC and metal rollers, making it durable and able to withstand extreme conditions for a long time.
This also allows the user to roll it up and down the window as many times as possible without breaking it.
Are you worried about storing your car shade? Winsall can be easily installed and folded in seconds.
You simply attach the suction cups to the window or hang the roller bar over the glass window and pull down the mesh.
Luckily, the suction cups can hold up to 20 pounds, which is more than this mesh’s weight.
Alternatively, you can buy a separate car window sunshade roller for easy installation.
- Material: metal and PVC.
- Weight: 13.2 ounces
- Manufactured and sold by Winsall.
- Packaging: two-car roller shades, six suction cups, one paper box, and one instruction manual.
- Color: Black.
- Measurements: 17.7 by 15.7 inches.
- Comes in self-retractable design.
- Easy to install.
- Fits most compact cars.
- Comes with two installation options.
- Reduces sun glare by 97% and heat by 85%.
- It is heavyweight and can easily fall off.
- Contains PVC.
#8. Britax EZ-Cling Car Window Sun Shades
For those looking for a simple looking and fun shade, look no further because we got you covered.
Britax is a simple, lightweight mesh that offers full coverage to your window and keeps the car cooler’s interior.
It protects the baby’s eyes from intense sunlight and blocks UV rays as it is UPF 30 plus. If you do not need it, you simply fold it and keep it away, or install it quickly whenever you need it.
The wireframe also allows you to remove and replace the mesh efficiently.
Additionally, Britax EZ-Cling features static technology, which means you can easily install and detach it from the window without leaving marks.
- It weighs 14.4 ounces.
- Static installation technology.
- Material: Reusable mesh fabric.
- UPF 30+ blocks UV rays by almost 99%
- Measurement: 19 by 12 inches and 48 by 30.5 inches.
- The package contains two shades.
- Lightweight mesh fabric for portability.
- Static installation technology leaves no marks on the window.
- The mesh is breathable and see-through.
- Wireframe for easy replacement.
- Not suitable for front windows.
- Likely to fall off the window.
#9. GgomaART Car Side Window Sun Shade
GgomaART is a unique and an easy-to-install window shade supported by five strong magnets mounted on the window.
The shade is designed to attach to the steel frame part of the window. This allows you to connect and remove when not needed quickly.
Moreover, this window shade is made of polyester, enabling it to block sunlight and UV rays.
However, it would be best to use on non-tinted, because it makes the car darker.
Apart from that, it also keeps the backseat more relaxed and more comfortable for your baby.
Not forgetting the shade comes in a unique, quirky, curtain design that keeps your kid entertained on a long journey.
- Five strong magnets quickly attach to the steel frame of the window.
- Polyester fabric and shade cloth design block the UV rays by a significant percentage.
- Built-in straps to tie the curtain when not in use.
- Four suction cups for extra support.
- Manufactured and sold by Eosida Inc.
- Weighs 5.6 ounces
- Measurements: 27 by 18.5 inches.
- Unique and quirky design.
- Double installation options.
- Polyester fabric.
- Easy to install.
- Strong magnetic attachment leaves no marks.
- Not suitable for front windows due to its opaque coverage.
- A magnetic attachment may not work on all cars.
#10. CARAMAZ Window Shade for Car
The last on the list is the CARAMAZ Window shade. The caramaz window shade is a unique design shade made from a high-quality mesh fabric that protects the baby from excess sunlight and harmful UV rays.
It is a perfect choice for car-owners with small and medium-sized cars.
It comes with static installation technology; you only need to place it on the side window and run your hands across it.
It leaves no marks or residues on the window.
- Measurements: 20 by 12 inches.
- Comes with static installation technology.
- Comes in two different sizes medium and extra-large.
- Weight: 3.98 ounces.
- Color: Ocean and typical dark.
- Easy to install.
- 100% money-back guarantee.
- Comes in two color options.
- Offers 98% protection against UV rays.
- Not suitable for front windows.
- The black color decreases visibility.
Every car window sunshade has a spot in one or two buyers, and choosing the best one depends on the type of the car and your baby’s behavior.
However, there are many factors to consider when buying a car window shade. For instance, you may choose blackout shades for car windows, but it won’t work well at night.
You may also go for a car window sunshade roller; unfortunately, some cars do not support the idea.
Therefore, choosing the best window solely depends on your car type and the pocket.
That is why the list touched almost all kinds of window shades to help you make a wise choice. Happy hunting!