Do you care for your baby? Well, parents need to show love and care for their babies by keeping them safe.
Everybody desires their child to get what’s rightful for good health or well being, and safety is very basic.
There’s always a controversy about using head support pillow for infants – generally, the young. Professional’s guidelines for sleep safety don’t recommend infant pillow usage, especially in their crib.
They advise that you wait until they turn one or more before introducing it. However, we’ve got instances where the pillow is necessary.
An example is you may need a pillow to prevent flat head or neck support. By saying this, we’re not suggesting that you go against the specialists’ guidelines.
Parents who choose to use infant pillows are required to be present for monitoring- more so if under one.
The infant may suffer a SIDS- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, risk in case you lay the head on a pillow and leave.
Again, when buying, you need a pillow that goes along with your baby’s body. It helps reduce suffocation risk.
Don’t use adult pillows because they’re meant for them alone. Go for those infant products specifically designed to suit babies.
This article reviews the best baby pillow for flat head. Please keep reading to understand more.
Top 10 Best Baby Pillow for Flat Head of 2023
- Babymoon Pod for Flat Head Syndrome.
- W WelLifes Baby Pillow for Newborn 3D Air Mesh Organic Cotton.
- Baby Love USA Baby Head Shaping Pillow.
- Babymoov Lovenest Baby Head Support.
- Sweeterbaby Baby Pillow for Flat Head Syndrome Prevention.
- Ashtonbee Newborn Baby Pillow Flat Head Syndrome.
- Bebo Beba Newborn Baby Head Shaping Pillow.
- Hidetex Baby Pillow Preventing Flat Head Syndrome.
- JOHN N TREE Organic Global Certified Organic Cotton Baby Pillow.
- AtoBaby Baby Pillow for Flat Head Syndrome Prevention.
Factors to Consider When Buying Pillow the Flat Head Baby
Are you in need of a newborn pillow for your infant?
You may probably have visited a paediatrician for your baby’s specific conditions, and been advised to introduce a pillow as the solution.
The following features are crucial to put into consideration to get the best baby head protection pillow. They include;
Buy a pillow that conforms to your toddler’s head size. If you chose a bigger size, then know you’ll be risking your child’s suffocation.
Finding the right size keeps the infant’s head in the right position on the pillow.
Your baby’s comfort is key when purchasing an infant pillow. Anything uncomfortable for a pillow should be neglected.
Getting the right size and surface for its price are the parameters to use for selecting what’s comfortable.
You should never compromise your baby’s healthcare, no matter the situation.
Soft and Durable
While a parent would want a firm pillow for the child, it doesn’t imply opting an uncomfortable and scratchy type.
Pick those with soft fabrics like cotton. Other fabric materials used could be soft, but cotton is the best for its softness, durability, and cleaning ease.
Buy a long-lasting pillow because it’ll be used many times. Most toddlers and babies are very messy and abusive to anything they use.
Therefore, get them something that can withstand such treatment to avoid wasting money buying more others within short spans.
Easy to Wash
Finding a pillow that’s entirely washable with an easy to wash case is very important when buying.
Your baby won’t hesitate to throw the pillow in dirty water, messing it with an ink pen, or other food-related accidents that stain pillows.
For this reason, a fabric pillowcase is necessary. It should be easy to remove from the pillow and washable.
No one thinks cleaning an infant’s products with bleaching agents because it may irritate the skin. That’s why you should be careful.
Your infant deserves better quality material- not something that causes skin reactions and allergies.
Avoid pillows with chemicals, dyes, and everything that could cause rashes and skin irritation.
Organic and cotton material products would work best for them to provide a comfortable deep sleep.
Top 10 Best Baby Pillow for Flat Head 2023 Reviews
A review of flat head baby products is meant to brief a buyer about what to expect in the market when choosing to get their baby a pillow.
It’s essential to help get the best pillow for minimizing the chances of getting flat head syndrome.
Such sign comes with a spot developing at the baby’s backside of the head, resulting in an asymmetrical or imbalanced head.
It’s majorly caused by laying your child on one side for a long duration.
That’s why you need to keep changing your child’s sleeping position at shorter intervals.
If not, then you need a flat head baby pillow to help sort the challenge.
The market has various pillows recommended by paediatricians for use to save your baby.
Below are some of the reviewed products after use by previous customers. They are;
Babymoon pod is among the best baby pillow for the flat head syndrome. It has multiple services.
For instance, helping support the baby’s growth and development through preventing the flat head syndrome.
It also improves the child’s upper body pressure distribution. It’s not only used for head support during the earlier days but also to keep the head higher when feeding after growing bigger.
It has a circular shape and comes in various sizes.
The pillow weighs 3.2 ounces, built from polyester material, and provides the comfort with your baby needs.
It’s multifunctional, therefore serves in various. It’s also washable and unisex product originally made in the US.
- It provides a baby’s head and neck support.
- The baby can use for rock and play.
- It’s fit and serves in the cradle swing.
- Hypoallergenic; free from chemicals.
- Can’t be utilized for nursing.
- It has no additional cover.
- Only has one size.
WelLifes baby pillow is made in the USA using Fabric cotton textiles cover. It’s the best baby pillow with a concave centre for a baby’s head.
Additionally, it’s 100% hypoallergenic and highly breathable because of its 3D air mesh filling.
It has an interesting feature favourable for temperature regulation depending on the weather-it changes with the season.
This pillow a space in the middle to keep the baby’s head in a good position.
The concave shape helps retain the head at the centre and not allowing lying with one side of the head. Hence, offers a soft cushioning.
The bottom and upper layers have pillars for providing space to enable air circulation. The product acquired certification from Global Textile Standard; GOTS.
Again, they were approved by the Organic Exchange Standard for maintaining natural use of fabric cotton without chemicals and pesticides.
- It’s gentle and offers supportive positioning for the child’s head and neck.
- Made from organic cotton material.
- Cute, gender-neutral styles for making choices.
- It’s affordable.
- It’s not the best baby neck pillow– neck position is higher for some babies.
- It may discolour after cleaning.
- Messed up pattern in some pillows.
The Baby shaping pillow is meant mainly for toddler heads ranging from 16 to 19 inches in circumference.
The pillow uses a variety of materials including bamboo, phthalates, BASF memory, and hypoallergenic constituents as foam.
It’s recommended for giving a comfortable sleep experience for babies. The designer didn’t forget to include touchpoints for infants.
Therefore, this pillow provides a wonderful and enjoyable sleep, which is vital for the child’s growth and development while sleeping.
It enhances proper pressure distribution in your child’s upper body portion.
Consequently, no neck pains. It also counters the flat head syndrome.
The pillow is unisex and weighs 9.3 ounces. It’s affordable and made of quality material.
- Proper pressure circulation preventing and avoid a flat head on one side.
- It Has a high-density foam material for head support.
- It’s hypoallergenic, hence prevents skin irritation.
- The pillowcase isn’t water-resistant.
- The memory form isn’t washable.
- Babies can easily slide off.
Babymoov Lovenest is a baby pillow for the flat head syndrome.
The condition occurs when a baby places the head wrongly on one side leading to a flat structure formation on that side.
As a result, there will be no proper blood supply, thus hinders development.
The pillow is constructed as advised by doctors for reducing flat head syndrome cases.
Experts say it’s a remedy for the syndrome’s condition.
It’s because it allows equal pressure distribution around the skull area, enabling blood flow regulation and well nerve functioning.
It Gives general protection from the care it gives to a baby’s head and neck. It’s the best pillow for flat head that you should trust.
- Allows easier cleaning as likened to other pillows.
- Lightweight, hence portable.
- Can be used anywhere.
- It’s washable and durable.
- Can’t wash with a machine as it destroys the fabric.
- Reduced functionality as it can be used in the car or crib.
- It may sometimes challenge when using strollers or bouncy seats.
Sweeterbaby is a flat head baby pillow that gives your toddler the required support in head perfection.
This pillow aligns the baby’s head and spine retaining them in one direction. Its weight is 7.2 ounces.
It’s filled with bamboo material that enhances its softness, providing a comfortable surface for head resting.
It provides the need for support as the infant stays appropriately aligned.
The material is designed to feel smooth and soft when against the baby’s skin—no added chemicals to the cotton.
A child using it feels as if on the mother’s lap. That’s why most buyers recommend the product.
Your child needs this pillow to gain the most critical element for health and wellness through quality sleep.
- Offers high-quality sleep for babies.
- Can be carried to many events.
- Rectifies the child.
- High comfortability from the bamboo bound with sponge material.
- No skin sensitivities caused by allergic reactions.
- Not ideal for use in the car.
- Customers complain because it lacks a cover.
- Not enough space for supporting the head and neck.
The newborn baby pillow is specifically made to service your infant in its early years. It aims to increase your baby’s growth and development.
It also favours the well-travelled parents or families.
The design provides proper comfy and care by supporting the child and preventing the flat head syndrome.
It also provides excellent sleep as an important phase of children growth.
This pillow is a unique product from soft material that’s loved by buyers.
The softness is excellent for comfort as it aligns the head to spine.
The pillow prevents onset on flat head syndrome for toddlers ranging from zero to six months.
The product is made with premium materials; soft, natural cotton with high breathability. Thus, give your child a revitalizing sleep.
- Lightweight design makes it highly portable.
- Its comfort is exquisite, thus an outstanding product.
- Reduces flat head syndrome.
- Soft cotton material for comfort.
- Useful for parents on the go.
- Not washable in a washing machine as it destroys the fabric.
- It has a pungent smell days after buying.
The Newborn baby head shaping pillow design is purposely meant to reduce flat head syndrome situation. It retains the neck and head alignment in one direction.
Furthermore, it’s well-framed and lightweight, thus good for carrying it around with you.
It’s among the highly recommended by medics for eliminating the flat head baby issues.
Your child gets comfortable sleep due to the high-quality exquisite material the pillow is made of.
It’s positioning perfectly aligns the head and neck, meaning it’s among the top choices for handling flat head syndrome risks.
- High standard and a quality pillow.
- It can be kept in a car or crib.
- It can be a useful gift to a newborn.
- Designed by the paediatrician.
- It can be carried from place to place because of its durability and lightweight.
- Customers complain of the small size.
- Many reports about the pillow’s design being a problem.
Hidetex Baby Pillow is suitable for the age group between 0 and 12 months.
It’s the most trusted newborn baby head shaping pillow of the time. Its objective is to rectify or reduce a child’s flat head.
Finding the best pillow for your baby’s head is relevant to enhance sleep and growth. Who doesn’t wish for the best sleeping time and comfort for children?
The neck alignment it offers is great for preventing flat head syndrome, thus your child’s fastened growth and development.
Its design is ergogenic. You can carry it with you at all events. Because the pillow is lightweight, washable, and easier to use.
Its fabric material has high breathability making free air movement and giving it a more prolonged effect.
- Breathability offers high ventilation, thus prevents it from odour.
- Smaller in size making it easier for the head to use the space correctly.
- Designed for providing the required comfort your child deserves.
- Previous users have complained about issues with cleaning.
- A few cases have reported hair loss because of allergic reactions.
- Not recommended to wash on a machine wash.
If you’re in search of a baby head protection pillow, get Global certified organic cotton.
It’s constructed with hypoallergenic foam for your child’s safety and skin sensitivity.
The pillow’s outer fabric has high breathability to enable proper ventilation.
With the multiple uses it offers, you won’t have troubles of washing it from time to time as it can be reversed and used on both sides.
Isn’t that great to save from the never-ending laundry?
It’s available in 32 different designs and machine washable, but you’re recommended to use your hands more.
When using a machine for washing, please use cold water and make the cycles gentle.
Be certain of a resting easy with quality comfort and sleep for your child because it’s made of 100% organic cotton.
That means it’s environmentally friendly. Remember, its size is only suitable for babies from zero to six months. The styles are such as an elephant and lamb designs.
- 100% certified organic cotton.
- Hypoallergenic filling for sensitive skin protection.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- Reversible use if you don’t want to wash; simply change sides.
- Has numerous designs to choose from.
- Not good for warm weather due to sweating.
- The pillow is said to be smaller in size.
- Fine hair sticks on the fabric used.
The AtoBaby pillow is made of 100% organic cotton.
It has a breathable mesh for enabling cool air circulation in summer and warm during the winter.
The fabric is filled with a sponge for cushioning and durability.
Additionally, it’s hypoallergenic, thus protects the toddler’s delicate skin. It has a curved design for ensuring comfort as it improves the baby’s head shape.
You should note that for a baby to grow healthy, they need quality and deep sleep.
Such is mainly provided by a pillow-like AtoBaby that’s created to cradle the child’s head in the most perfect position for unobstructed sleep.
The pillow can be used almost everywhere, for example, at the crib, car seat, baby’s head, and stroller.
- It’s100% organic cotton, therefore, eco-friendly.
- Has high durability.
- Hypoallergenic, hence no skin dangers.
- Great for controlling flat head syndrome.
- Gently angles to position the baby safely and interact with the people around.
- Cats may steal the pillow for their play and use.
- Outgrown very quickly by a baby.
Are Flat Head Pillows Safe for Babies?
Most baby pillows are marketed as products to reduce flat head syndrome.
Many companies are selling such pillows saying they can be used by newborns and infants, whereas professionals state that at least one year is better.
It’s due to increased chances of risking SIDS by 50%. Researchers recommend that a baby simply needs a flat, firm, and water-resistant mattress that’s well-covered by sheets.
All other additional items such as toys, quilts, or pillows are mainly risk factors to SIDS.
Generally, pillows are said to be safe after the age of 12 months.
If you’re worried about the flat head syndrome your child might suffer, know that it’s a common condition for children.
You may find more than 15 out of 1000 suffering the condition. Well, the following are ways you can minimize the chances of risking it;
- Reduce the time spent by the baby lying on the back. Change their position when awake.
- When moving up and down, use pram and carrier to help adjust their position.
- Dedicate more tummy time to your baby.
- Change the lying positions of your baby to make him look everywhere, instead of having the head positioned in one direction always.
- Cuddle with your baby.
- Swap the breasts frequently when breastfeeding for the baby to use various body muscles- keep them active.
- Avoiding sitting your baby in the car seat for long. It only bridges developmental issues.
- Don’t struggle too much. Use repositioning as a basic treatment. In case it doesn’t work, seek further advice from the experts.
The Bottom Line
Baby pillows for flatheads are excellent for parents to enhance their children’s safety as they grow.
These pillows are designed for boosting a child’s growth by providing a comfortable sleep experience.
From the review, you can now tell the benefits of buying a baby head protection pillow.
Use the article to understand the best guide when buying a pillow. Look for one customized for your baby’s requirements.
More other benefits include helping promote pressure distribution in the skull region, therefore, no problems related to neck pains.
It also enhances proper blood circulation and growth hormones, thus the child grows bigger without challenges associating to flat head syndrome condition.
Please go through the review again once you decide to go and purchase a pillow for your infants and babies.
Start by looking at the factors to consider when buying a bay pillow, then read about each of the features among the ten.
Your child’s health is very imperative, and the basic care you can give is keeping them safe.
Remember, most paediatricians don’t recommend using pillows for babies, but some situations that require you to get the best baby pillow that suits your child.
Each pillow design has its relevance and the situation it sorts.
Therefore, with all these details put together in the script, you shouldn’t be troubled when going for your next purchase.